I would be curious to hear precisely what you hope to accomplish from your
trip to San Francisco. How do you plan to communicate what you learn to the
rest of the Board of Trustees, and to those who will be instrumental in
shaping the changes that will happen to the WMF in the near future? How do
you plan to speak to staff members, who have seen many of their coworkers
leave or be forced out in the last few years? How do you plan to increase
morale among an incredibly demoralized group?

I too hope that your return will be marked by "careful listening and
thoughtful consideration" that Brion Vibber describes, not to mention
strong actions resulting from what you learn during your trip. But quite
frankly, Vibber's communications with the Wikimedia community outside of
the Foundation have far surpassed yours in clarity and transparency. I hope
that you will improve upon your messaging, but I would like clear
reassurance that you realize this is necessary.

There have been many things that have not impressed me recently: how the
Wikimedia Foundation chose to handle the lack of transparency surrounding
WMF actions (even once they were leaked), how the Board has handled the
past unrest surrounding the Executive Director and senior leadership,
communication surrounding James Heilman's removal... the list really goes
on and on.

I would love to know whether you supported Lila Tretikov's departure. It is
clear that she did not up and resign on her own, and I would like to know
if you were one of the folks who thought her departure would be beneficial,
or if you preferred she "weather the storm," so to speak.

I would also like to hear a clear statement about what you think can be
gained from your return to San Francisco.

Thank you,
Molly White
User:GorillaWarfare
English Wikipedia community member