Hold on, Jytdog, I think you're reading more into Pierre's statement than
is really there.

Pierre has not said the decision to retain the ED "was itself
trust-destroying for [him]".  He said it was a mistake, and he said it was
a mistake because the board was wrong to think that the ED could recover
from a 90% staff disapproval level.

He also pointed out that "[i]f the board decide to keep the CEO/ED, the
board cannot go and undermine the authority of the CEO by communicating
doubts".  Thus he is not particularly concerned about the board saying the
support was unanimous. Pierre's concern is that the board thought it was a
good idea to keep an ED with a 90% staff disapproval rating.

Risker/Anne