Anne,

This is not a question of employment standards – it's not about what these
NDAs etc. should or shouldn't say. We are talking about publication of
existing boilerplate agreements that are in routine use.

It's a question of transparency. When volunteers talk to staff, it's useful
for them to have an accurate understanding of what staff can and can't talk
about, in particular as some staff members have raised this as an issue.

If preparing this for publication takes a month or two, because there are
more pressing things to do right now, I have no problem with that. What
isn't good is if the community is told in response to queries, "Yes,
publishing the NDAs etc. is a reasonable idea", and those words just fade
into the mist because the task has never been actioned and delegated.
Perhaps we can agree on that.

As Sarah says, a dedicated transparency officer within the community
engagement department would be a great idea, because this is a
community-facing issue. I'd be interested in hearing Maggie's views on that.

Andreas