On 12 March 2016 at 22:02, SarahSV <sarahsv.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Andreas Kolbe <jayen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > This seems to be a recurring (and daunting) pattern. People call for
> > transparency about a particular issue. Eventually, someone in a
> leadership
> > position responds that yes, demands for transparency about this issue are
> > quite reasonable, and in fact more transparency would be absolutely
> > desirable.
> >
> > At this point, people relax, feeling they have been heard. The clamouring
> > crowd disperses. But in fact, nothing happens, and the same questions
> arise
> > again some weeks, months, years down the line.
> >
> > ‚ÄčIt would be wonderful if we had a dedicated transparency officer within
> the community engagement department. Perhaps we could open a page on meta
> listing transparency requests.

Why would this be within the community engagement department?  I'm not
saying you're wrong, but I'm not actually seeing any logical explanation
for it being a CE issue.  It seems more a legal issue (in respect of
board/executive transparency) or human resources issue (in respect of
NDAs).  It's pretty obvious from what has bubbled to the surface over the
last few months that transparency was NOT just an issue from the community
perspective.  Perhaps a transparency officer in Legal might make sense.

Risker/Anne