Umm....what the NDA says is very much a part of employment standards.  The
NDA is an employer-employee agreement.  It is not subject to the wishes of
the Wikimedia community, except in a very indirect way.  NDAs are used to
control people's behaviours - if they're employees, they get disciplined up
to and including termination should they violate them.  In the case of
volunteers (and yes, there are many volunteers who sign NDAs for various
types of access, myself included), their privileged access can be removed
and potentially they could face legal ramifications for disclosure
depending on the nature of the disclosure.

There have been transparency problems, no question about it.  But they had
nothing to do with NDAs.  Let's leave NDAs out of it at this point.
They're absolutely not within Community Engagement's purview.

Risker/Anne