On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> A question that is very much under discussion is if presentations like
> these deserve a place at Wikidata. Given the subject and the relevancy of
> our current state of mind on subjects like these it makes perfect sense. We
> are already able to produce lists using the tools provided by Magnus to
> update when new talks of a conference or on a subject are present.
>
> What do we think? Are presentations like these notable? Are the
> presentations of Wikimania notable?

Context for Gerard's post is:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Administrators%27_noticeboard#Controversy_around_the_item_.22Wikimania_talk.22
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikidata/2016-July/009158.html

I believe it is highly off-topic wrt the subject of this thread about
Katherine's talk, which cant be compared with creating Wikidata items
about non-notable Wikimedians simply because they presented at
Wikimania.

--
John Vandenberg