in the meantime, both, slides and videos, were uploaded to Commons:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:State_of_the_Map_US_2016

Cheers,
Cornelius

On 1 August 2016 at 09:31, John Mark Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Gerard Meijssen
> <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hoi,
> > A question that is very much under discussion is if presentations like
> > these deserve a place at Wikidata. Given the subject and the relevancy of
> > our current state of mind on subjects like these it makes perfect sense.
> We
> > are already able to produce lists using the tools provided by Magnus to
> > update when new talks of a conference or on a subject are present.
> >
> > What do we think? Are presentations like these notable? Are the
> > presentations of Wikimania notable?
>
> Context for Gerard's post is:
>
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Administrators%27_noticeboard#Controversy_around_the_item_.22Wikimania_talk.22
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikidata/2016-July/009158.html
>
> I believe it is highly off-topic wrt the subject of this thread about
> Katherine's talk, which cant be compared with creating Wikidata items
> about non-notable Wikimedians simply because they presented at
> Wikimania.
>
> --
> John Vandenberg

Cornelius Kibelka
Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC), GHM
for the Wikimedia Conference

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207