Hoi,
The point is not about people. It is about presentations given at
Wikimania. They represent the best effort at the time of a Wikimania and
are therefore highly relevant.

I am sad that people like John misrepresent the issues at hand. They are
three:

   - are Wikimania talks relevant
   - should consideration for Wikimedians be any different from the way we
   treat other people
   - is it ok for a Wikidata admin to delete a lot of content without any
   discussion. At this time it is easy to observe that Wikidata do as they
   please, they require of others big "community" efforts and easily do as
   they please without considering the Wikidata policies.

Thanks,
     GerardM