Only the CTO position is empty. All of the rest are filled with very
competent interims who may simply be transitioned into permanent. I like it
that people who prove themselves to be excellent can move up within the WMF
and think that this is often better than hiring from outside.

James

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a request for an update about  C level hiring. My understanding is
> that WMF is actively recruiting for a new CTO and hopes to fill that
> position within the next month or two. Previously announced next priorities
> were HR and Community, in that order. I am wondering how Communications and
> Legal fit into the picture, now that those positions need to be filled as
> well.
>
> I am also wondering about what can be done to keep C levels after we get
> them. Some of them seem to have much longer tenures than others, and having
> so many vacancies concurrently is a situation that I think we'd all like to
> avoid in the future, particularly the next time that WMF has a new or
> interim ED who may need to rely on their Cs for advice much more than
> Katherine needs to do so. (I'm not implying that Katherine doesn't listen
> or doesn't need advice, just that she's experienced enough that she can do
> well in areas where an ED who is new to WMF or the role might struggle.)
>
> Regards,
>
> Pine

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian