You know this to be the case?
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Marc-Andre
Sent: Wednesday, 17 August 2016 4:04 PM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] FW: My final email

On 2016-08-17 06:13 AM, Peter Southwood wrote:

> Problem? Vague and unspecific information and suggestion of possible
> unspecified consequences. Unfortunately this is the kind of language I have
> come to expect from Jimmy, and why I don't take anything he writes at face
> value.

The problem of that page's wording being rather vague and unclear about what,
exactly, you'd unsubscribe from is a genuine issue that needs fixin' (that is,
while what the intent is would be clear to technically savvy people as
illustrated by the responses on this very thread, it clearly needs to be
wordsmithed into making more sense).

That said, I'm pretty sure absolutely nobody sane believes Jimmy personally
sits down and writes bits of web interface used by fundraising, so the dig at
his expense is not only gratuitous, but detracts from any point you were trying
to make.

-- Coren / Marc