Hi Gnangarra,

This is not a discussion, and this is by design.

As Carlos said, those are provisional criterias so that our movement can
keep seeing new organizations blooming. But the discussion will not be only
about those criterias, but on a much larger, and I believe more interesting
and important, topic.

As we're moving forward regarding the movement strategy process (more to
come soon, it's only been 7 weeks since we announced that, and summer), it
is key to have discussions about the organizations in general. How do we
make them work as a whole? What values do we want Wikimedia organizations
to live by? etc. And out of those discussions, a criteria discussion will
come.

But it seemed quite a waste of time and energy to first have a consultation
about those provisional criterias and then another discussion about the
strategy.

That's for your point on the criterias. Now on the "Affcom whom I thought
was there to support the Affiliates not punish them". Yes, AffCom support
affiliates, but AffCom also has a duty to make sure that affiliates live by
their engagements.

One doesn't exclude the other, quite the opposite actually.

As a whole, I'm a bit surprized by your email. Things aren't black or
white.

Those criterias aren't up for discussion so that the discussion can happen
on a much larger topic that includes them.
AffCom role is to tend to our movement affiliates, this comes with many
duties and responsabilities amongst which helping organizations to get
recognized, supporting them, helping them, remind them of their duties and
sometime (rarely hopefully) challenge their statuts.

Happy to further that discussion,

Have a all great day

Christophe