Hello Gerard,

the chapters and thematic organizations are entrusted with certain functions and authorities. For example a chapter enjoys regional (or country wide) exclusivity in their operating region. They are perceived in the public as if they are official representatives of our movement in that region. The same function fulfills the Thematic Organizations for their thematic area. This is why we lay a much higher standard of requirements for these affiliates. Some chapters do not request funds by the FDC. We also have user groups who request funds, and they need to provide the same reports as needed by the funds. For the AffCom money is not the topic here.

Take the example of chapters if a chapter is not working, there is no activity at all, it still blocks other affiliate grow up and take their place as long as they are there and occupies the regional exclusity. This is just one of the problematics here.

And the AffCom do also require the User Groups to report their activity, although in a very easy to do manner.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Greetings

Ting