Hello Gerard,

I didn't say that a chapter represent a project or the Foundation. I said it is perceived as a representative of the movement.

For example, if the EU asks for opinion of the revision of the copy right law. The answers by the european chapters are perceived as the answer of this movement, it is not perceived as any casual organization. The media will at first contact the chapters of their region or country if there is anything to be commented about the movement.

As you said yourself. Chapters support the community, and from a very unique position that differs them from user groups, because there is only one chapter for the Netherlands, or Germany, etc. And this is the reason why there is a higher requirement of reports and activity for the chapters.

Greetings

Ting