Hi Nathan,

To expand a bit on Maor's reply: the Affiliations Committee and the
Wikimedia Foundation continue to view affiliate de-recognition as a last
resort for cases where an affiliate is not only in violation of affiliate
requirements or agreements with the WMF, but is also unwilling or unable to
fix the problem when asked to do so.

The underlying issue that causes an affiliate to be "non-compliant" will
usually be publicly visible (such as a lack of required reporting, for
example). The affiliate's inability or unwillingness to address it will
usually not be, as it's reflected in the affiliate's communications with
AffCom and the WMF (or lack thereof).

Regards,
Kirill Lokshin
Vice-Chair, Affiliations Committee