Hoi,
We do have values and <grin> my arguments are solid </grin> what I find
lacking is any argument whereby you try to convince us what I am missing.
Let me be blunt. I hate the way people abuse political sentiments and try
to convince us that they are enough to not see the facts that are in front
of us. What I find is that we do not care for arguments, only when they are
"our" own are they accepted. "Us" is only the small group "we" belong to.

For me the fact that some policy exists does not mean that it is the final
word on anything. When employees of the Wikimedia Foundation cannot come
and go to the place where their family is, it is the strongest possible
argument that there is a problem. A problem we cannot ignore, a problem we
should not ignore. I positively hate policies because they are used to stop
people from thinking.

You attribute "political positions" to me. That is ok except I am not part
of your USA political system. I cannot vote there but it does affect the
movement I dearly love. So my position is not based on the power plays that
happen in the USA. My position is based on the effect it has on our
movement. Our movement is based on objective facts, sources, equal play for
any position and equal representation of cultures and countries in our
encyclopedia. To be honest we should do better.

PS we can not maintain that what we do has a neutral point of view when
much of the equalities mentioned fail to materialise.
Thanks,
     GerardM