Hi, let me share a status update about the Code of Conduct for Wikimedia
technical spaces, especially targeted to people not familiar with this CoC
and/or Wikimedia technical spaces.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Code_of_Conduct

The CoC drafting phase was completed yesterday [0], 18 months after a
kick-off session at the Wikimania 2015 Hackathon. Since then, 142 unique
editors have contributed to the Talk page through 147 sections, 21 voting
rounds abut sections of the CoC announced through the main technical
communication channels, and a total of 2,718 edits.[1] That Talk page has
88 watchers, about 20 editors have participated regularly in discussions,
and about half of them heavily.[2] To put these numbers in context,
MediaWiki.org counts 1,420 active editors, and Phabricator 829.

The next step is to create the first Code of Conduct Committee, a process
defined in the CoC itself.[3] A subset of the Technical Collaboration team
at the Wikimedia Foundation [4] (which I am part of) is preparing an
announcement about the search of candidates, inviting everyone to volunteer
themselves or send us recommendations. We are tracking the progress of this
task in Phabricator [5] and we will communicate major updates in the CoC
Talk page and other technical venues as needed.

I hope this clarifies the current situation. If you have questions or
suggestions, please share them here or in the CoC Talk page.

[0]
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Code_of_Conduct#Removing_.27draft.27_status
[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Code_of_Conduct#Drafting_phase_data
[2]