Pine,

I think the first step in this direction is for the Board to decide whether
or not they wish to engage with the Community in this way – whether they
have the time, energy and bandwidth to handle such communications, and
whether they see the reward as commensurate with the investment.  So far it
seems that their view has been negative on both counts, but that has never
been an explicit decision, and perhaps times have changed.  I don't think
we can ask Stephen as an employee to make such changes to Board practice
without their consent.  It is probably better for all concerned, however
disappointing it may be, for the Board to be explicit and frank about their
appetite for this engagement rather than raising expectations in the
Community that they are unwilling or unable to meet.

However, a statement from the Board members would be valuable here.

"Rogol"