Maybe a silly question, but is there no more specialized forum that would
be more suitable to have this conversation? I'm not sure if we need the
wide movement list to discuss the copyright policy of a particular UK
database. Or is there a specific expertise you're searching for? If so, I
somehow missed the question for that in the exchange.

Best,
Lodewijk

ps: sorry Andy if it annoys you. I do think there's a diverse set of
opinions on top-posting or not, these days. Especially as email clients
have changed to suit the needs of those that do. I fear it's a battle lost.