Nah, the contest is about motivating people to write about a topic area
that is not there normal bailiwick.

That is fine thing to do because the unintended consequences of being
written on a wiki, English Wikipedia initially attracted people who were
less interested in writing about women than the general population in
English speaking world. So, we are still playing catch up to get the low
hanging fruit from Women's Halls of Fame and other books that specialize in
collecting biographies of notable people and their works.

I'm thrilled to see this contest promote writing about notable women from
around the world so the goal of 20% is reached faster.

Sydney
User:FloNight

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight
Co-founder Kentucky Wikimedians,
Co-founder WikiWomen User Group,
Co-founder WikiConference North America
Board member of Wiki Project Med Foundation