Hi Gerhard, Are you addressing me? Your reply is to my email,
Cheers,
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Gerard Meijssen
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 10:09 AM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Movement Strategy: Endorse the strategic
direction today! #wikimedia2030

Hoi,
You get it backwards; Yaroslav indicates that he EXPECTS not to be heard.
It does not follow that what people say will not be noticed and it does not
follow that they may not be involved in the process of realising the strategy.

The option to be heard has nothing to do with the position on the strategic
vision but everything on the way an opinion is phrased. There is much in the
strategic vision that is not controversial and where we can easily agree on a
way forward. Lets be simple about this and collaborate. The devil is in the
detail and obviously the vision is not what will be realised; it is a map of
how we envision the future.

When you want to be heard, what you want to be involved in the process, be part
of the process. Do not say "no: this is wrong and I will do everything in my
power to see this plan dismissed for the crap I think it is".  Find it in
yourself to remain part of our community, involve yourself positively in the
ongoing processes because it is a Wikimedia tradition to be bold and go where
we have not gone before.
Thanks,
      GerardM