Hello,

After many months of work by over 100 individuals around the organization and
movement, the Wikimedia Foundation's new website soft launched this week!

You can check it out for yourself here (you may need to clear your browser's
cache):  https://wikimediafoundation.org/

So what comes next?

Throughout this week, the Communications department and core website team will
be doing final tweaks and quality assurance testing in preparations for
translations.

Over the coming weeks we will be working with affiliates and contributors
around the world to make the site in available in Arabic, Chinese, French,
German, Russian, and Spanish - in addition to the English version soft launched
today. Once the translations are completed, we will be doing a more public
announcement regarding the new website and begin more formally implementing
usage of it.

Additionally, we will be holding office hours in the coming weeks.

What about the old website?

The old website (aka Foundation Wiki) will be given new life in the coming
weeks as the Wikimedia Foundation Governance Wiki - where it will continue to
house important documentation for the Wikimedia Foundation like policies, board
resolutions and minutes, legal documents, etc. Additional information on the
changes coming to that wiki and the plans for migrating archived content to
Meta-Wiki will be available in the coming weeks.

What else should I know?

There is a lot of great things about this new website we are excited to share
with all of you! More information about office hours will available in the
coming weeks. Until then, we encourage you to take a look and contact me
directly if you find any bugs, typos, or have any comments.

Thank you!

The Communications department greatly appreciates all of the discussions, work,
and patience everyone has put into this gigantic undertaking. We are very close
to the finish line, and today marks a significant step which was only possible
with the help of the 100+ people involved.

On behalf of the Communications department and core website team (Heather,
Zack, Katherine, Mel, and Greg),

-greg

-------
Gregory Varnum