an interesting concept indeed!

dj

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 5:36 PM Denny Vrandečić
<vrande...@gmail.com<mailto:vrande...@gmail.com>> wrote:
The extended whitepaper that was presented at the DL workshop is now
available here:

http://simia.net/download/abstractwikipedia_whitepaper.pdf

Still not a proper scientific paper (no references, notv situated in
related work), but going into a bit more detail on the ideas on the first
paper published previously.

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018, 11:32 Denny Vrandečić
<vrande...@gmail.com<mailto:vrande...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Semantic Web languages allow to express ontologies and knowledge bases in
> a way meant to be particularly amenable to the Web. Ontologies formalize
> the shared understanding of a domain. But the most expressive and
> widespread languages that we know of are human natural languages, and the
> largest knowledge base we have is the wealth of text written in human
> languages.
>
> We looks for a path to bridge the gap between knowledge representation
> languages such as OWL and human natural languages such as English. We
> propose a project to simultaneously expose that gap, allow to collaborate
> on closing it, make progress widely visible, and is highly attractive and
> valuable in its own right: a Wikipedia written in an abstract language to
> be rendered into any natural language on request. This would make current
> Wikipedia editors about 100x more productive, and increase the content of
> Wikipedia by 10x. For billions of users this will unlock knowledge they
> currently do not have access to.
>
> My first talk on this topic will be on October 10, 2018, 16:45-17:00, at
> the Asilomar in Monterey, CA during the Blue Sky track of ISWC. My second,
> longer talk on the topic will be at the DL workshop in Tempe, AZ, October
> 27-29. Comments are very welcome as I prepare the slides and the talk.
>
> Link to the paper: http://simia.net/download/abstractwikipedia.pdf
>
> Cheers,
> Denny

[http://crow.kozminski.edu.pl/minds.jpg]<http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/>
prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
kierownik katedry MINDS (Management in Networked and Digital Societies)
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
http://NeRDS.kozminski.edu.pl <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/>

Ostatnie artykuły:

  *   Dariusz Jemielniak, Maciej Wilamowski (2017)  Cultural Diversity of
Quality of Information on
Wikipedias<http://crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/cultures%20of%20wikipedias.pdf>
Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 68:  10.
2460–2470.
  *   Dariusz Jemielniak (2016)  Wikimedia Movement Governance: The Limits of
A-Hierarchical
Organization<http://www.crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/wikimedia_governance.pdf>
Journal of Organizational Change Management 29:  3.  361-378.
  *   Dariusz Jemielniak, Eduard Aibar (2016)  Bridging the Gap Between
Wikipedia and Academia<http://www.crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/bridging.pdf>
Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 67:  7.
1773-1776.
  *   Dariusz Jemielniak (2016)  Breaking the Glass Ceiling on
Wikipedia<http://www.crow.kozminski.edu.pl/papers/glass-ceiling.pdf> Feminist
Review 113:  1.  103-108.
  *   Tadeusz Chełkowski, Peter Gloor, Dariusz Jemielniak (2016)  Inequalities
in Open Source Software Development: Analysis of Contributor’s Commits in
Apache Software Foundation
Projects<http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/asset?id=10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0152976.PDF>,
 PLoS ONE 11:  4.  e0152976.