Hoi,
The point is EXACTLY that this list will be different per language. What
there is, what is needed differs as a consequence. What specific Wikipedias
covers is as different.

There are multiple objectives to be gained:

   - as we gain more articles, we will gain a bigger presence for a
   Wikipedia in Google
   - a bigger presence will give us more eye balls.
   - more people who edit a Wikipedia means that any and all subjects of
   their choosing become better covered

When we choose for an approach like this, it is very much in the true Wiki
spirit. When the argument is about "supervision", the question is how that
would work. In my opinion, you are likely not to know the other language
and Google translate is unlikely to function for all the 280+ languages.

The point of this approach is very much that there is no solution for all
of Wikipedia.. It is weird to suggest that would work in the first place.
Thanks,
        GerardM