Hello,

I have wished that eventually when people apply for scholarships or even
when they attend wiki events they create profiles for themselves in
Wikidata so that we could generate visualizations of the demographics of
participants.

I do not think the wiki movement is quite ready for this, but if we
actually want to track and report demographics, doing so in Wikidata is
probably the way most natural for the wiki community.

--
Lane Rasberry
user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia