Hello all,

Speaking as an admin of Wikidata, someone having an item on the project
should never be a criterion for a scholarship. That would not be fair to
those who weren't lucky enough to get an item (I would probably delete any
item made on any of you (in this thread) unless you meet one of our
notability guidelines -- which are less strict than Wikipedia but still
essentially must pass CSDA7). Not everyone is comfortable having their
information on an item, and in most cases no one will be able to verify
that information even if the person consents, since it most likely won't
have reliable sourcing.

Wikidata is emphatically not a LinkedIn or Facebook for us. It's a
knowledgebase for the whole world.

I also think all the ethics about posting someone's private information on
Wikidata is kind of off-topic in this thread. It shouldn't be a basis of
anyone's application anywhere. It's fundamentally not fair. Metrics for
conferences should be fair while furthering the conference's objectives.