I completely agree with Risker here. In the recent time, most (if not all)
Wikipedian of the year award recipients now have a Wikipedia article.

One would wonder if Wikipedia of the year award confers notability.

This is not to disrespect our WOTY but I do honestly feel that users who
are not notable apart from receiving the award does not merit a Wikipedia
article.

Regards,

Isaac