On the great things:
 - There are so many forms of volunteer contribution, you don't need to be
an expert to be able to contribute to English Wikipedia (how can I
contribute, everything is there already). You can fight vandalism, you can
take pictures, you can write code, you can help other languages.
 - In less developed countries, in depth-reading of Wikipedia is more
prevalent, the likely explanation is that in lack of resources we take for
granted in Europe/US, people turn to Wikipedia to learn and develop

This is not great fact but it's sorta funny how extensively we cover
everything. Last week I learned Wikipedia even has list of people who died
on the toilet:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_died_on_the_toilet

HTH

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 11:25 PM Aboubacar Keïta <aboubacark...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Bonjour et merci du message
>
> J'aimerais vivement que les pays du sud ont plus de moyens financiers pour
> réaliser des projets concrètement.
>
> Le financement des concours baisse, mais la couverture des objectifs de ces
> concours reste quasiment incomplet en Afrique.
>
> Exemple Wiki Loves Monuments, en Guinée 99% des sites sont ni illustré sur
> Wikipédia en articles, ni en image sur commons mais qu'on supprime le
> financement pour les longues voyages diminuer nos forces d'améliorer
> qualitativement les articles Wikipédia vue qu'on a moins de bénévoles
> encore.
>
> Vivement une relativisation des ressources en fonction de l'avancée des
> projets et plus de douceur dans l'obtention des subventions.
>
> Le mer. 27 nov. 2019 à 22:08, Joseph Seddon <jsed...@wikimedia.org> a
> écrit :
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > (reposting due to filter rejection)
> >

> > Fundraising are looking for ideas and suggestions for our writing team to
> > explore for our messaging in this years fundraiser. I only need a minute
> of
> > your time to answer the following question:
> >

> > --- What’s your favorite thing about Wikipedia that you wish our readers
> > and donors knew? ---
> >

> > We'll use the responses to generate new test ideas
> >
> > Post your answers on list or directly to me :) Thanks in advance
> >
> > --
> > Seddon
> >
> > *Community and Audience Engagement Associate*
> > *Advancement (Fundraising), Wikimedia Foundation*

Amir (he/him)