> On Nov 27, 2019, at 4:08 PM, Joseph Seddon <jsed...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> --- What’s your favorite thing about Wikipedia that you wish our readers
> and donors knew? ---

That Jimmy Wales and WMF sold the rights to the Wikipedia trademark to Apple
for $40k back in the early 2000s, and that Apple has the right to use it
forever and the agreement cannot be cancelled without legal cause.

This is why Wikipedia is embedded in every iOS search result.

That Apple and Google make billions and billions of dollars off of Wikipedia
content annually and that WMF refuses to charge them for their exclusive use
and access.

Which means that the $70mil or so in donations from Wikipedia users is really a
scam because WMF lacks the courage to stand up to those corporations and charge
them $1billion each per year to guarantee Wikipedia’s success.