Best practices for a good consensus are not political games. However
dismissing the concerns of long term members of the community that the
strategy references in every recommendation, by extremely obvious tone
policing, is playing politics and marginalization.

Thanks for referencing my Commons work Aron.

Fae

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 20:24, Aron Manning <aronmanni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 11:50, Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The WMF board and their CEO know it is in their interest to take on any
> > firm community consensus rather than playing
> > political games to get around it.
> >

> Political games, like requesting supermajority
> <
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Requests_for_comment/Partial_blocks#Supermajority_needed
> >
> would
> be best avoided, indeed.
>

> > As others have expressed, I am not in the least bit inclined to give any
> > feedback on meta. It's a waste of volunteer time, as effective as
> shouting
> > out of your office window expecting to make the weather change.
> >

> > Fae
> >

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 11:38, Gergő Tisza <gti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > having participated in writing some of these recommendations, I can tell
> > you from personal experience they have been massively shaped by feedback.
> > That included feedback on the talk pages, feedback at events and
> > conferences, feedback from strategy salons organized for that specific
> > purpose, feedback from all kinds of personal conversations... often
> > conflicting feedback, since, unsurprisingly, different people within the
> > movement often have opposing views.
>

>  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personal and confidential, please do not circulate or re-quote.