I would also like to see us do something like

"San Francisco Loves Wikipedia"  or "The Bay Area Loves Wikipedia" or
similar, given the fact that we were unable to take part in last
February's "Wikis Love Art" because our museums did not get back to us
in time.

See <http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Britain_Loves_Wikipedia> as an
example of a future event.  I think we might even plan something for
sooner, on a smaller scale.  Heck, I'm even willing to devote myself
under "volunteer time" for something like this :)

Cary

Jon Davis wrote:
> ...crickets chirping and all that jazz...
>
> Anyways, the last meeting 2 important suggestions came up. 1) We
> should have meet ups more often (like once a month) with the
> knowledge that people simply wont make every single one (rather
> than trying to accommodate everyone every time).  2) We should have
>  "field trips" - translation: We should have a meetup where we go
> and _do_ something rather than sit around and chat.
>
> Since last time we talked, I'd say we should do a field trip.
> We've got a small list on-wiki already [[w:Wikipedia:Meetup/San
> Francisco#Future]] ( http://enwn.net/Ae10 ).  If anyone has a
> suggestion of somewhere else to go, great, if not, lets pick
> something off the list.
>
> -Jon
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 09:45, Cary Bass <c...@wikimedia.org
> <mailto:c...@wikimedia.org>> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
>
> Given that I've missed the last few meetups, do we have a next date
>  planned?
>
> Ready to hear ideas...

> -- Jon [[User:ShakataGaNai]] http://snowulf.com/ - Blog
> http://snowulf.imagekind.com/ - Pictures This has been a test of
> the emergency sig system.

- --
Cary Bass
Volunteer Coordinator, Wikimedia Foundation