Hi!

Taking photos of historical buildings is very good idea. Just check
how much "white spots" Wikipedia have
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:National_Register_of_Historic_Places_in_California)
even for National Register of historic places.

I'm even not talking about neighborhoods which have old buildings
(Victorian, Italianate, etc). Just look in GeoCommons
(http://toolserver.org/~para/GeoCommons) in San Jose, Santa, Clara,
Alameda...

Eugene.