Oh I was just suggesting the hub space for a general, casual meet-up space
opportunity, not so much for the big event. I hear good things about that. The
hub folks sound interesting, but I just kinda want to see the space. It sounds
like a really great idea.

On Aug 24, 2010, at 12:59 AM, Eugene Eric Kim wrote:

> Hey Jay,
>
> Check the wiki. :-) We looked into it. Price is right, but it may be
> too small. Capacity for an open space-ish conference is about 100, and
> it would be tight at that number. We want to be prepared for 150 at
> least.
>
> On the other hand, I think it would be a great party venue, and it
> would have a higher capacity in that situation. Plus, I talked to them
> about possible sponsorship, and they would definitely be open to that.
>
> Let me know if you want an intro. The space is really beautiful; I'd
> recommend taking a look.
>
> =Eugene
>
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Jay Walsh <jwa...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> Hi all - I sent this around earlier to some other folks. I was talking to
>> someone at city hall in SF today and they brought me up to speed on this
>> place:
>> http://bayarea.the-hub.net/public/space__Hub%20SoMa.html
>>
>> In the old Chron building (and environs) not too far from the office.
>> Sounds like it might be an interesting space to try a meeting, or maybe even
>> set up a regular 'collaboration' space.  I'm not sure what the overhead is,
>> or if there is any. The city is quite excited about promoting them.
>
> --

Jay Walsh
Head of Communications
WikimediaFoundation.org