Merrilee - I will stop in at the Hackermoms space - I haven't been there. I do fear that it may be a bit ... mom-ish, but I should hold that thought until I get a look at it.

Thanks,
kc

On 7/12/13 8:10 AM, Proffitt,Merrilee wrote:
Hi Karen,

The Oakland Local wiki people have regular meetups once a month or more.
Wikipedians are welcome. I've joined them in the past and enjoyed it quite a
bit! And meeting in the Oakland History room is totally awesome.

http://oaklandwiki.org/Local_History_Editathons

Hacker Moms is a hacker space in Berkeley. We approached them about hosting a
women's Wikipedia meetup once, but it didn't work out, I think because their
space wasn't as large as we wanted it to be? Someone else on the list might
remember.

http://mothership.hackermoms.org/

Merrilee
From: wikimedia-sf-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
<wikimedia-sf-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org> on behalf of Karen Coyle
<kco...@kcoyle.net>
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 7:36 AM
To: wikimedia-sf@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: [Wikimedia-SF] Berkeley Wikipedians

Hello. I am interested in having some meetups (both working and social)
with other wikipedians in this area. I would like to see some meetings
in Berkeley if we can find (or create) a space. There are hacker spaces
in SF and Oakland, but I'm not aware of any in Berkeley that we can use.
I would like to talk to anyone else in Berkeley who might be interested
in finding or getting a space going where we can edit together.

I'm currently working on updating articles relating to librarianship,
but looking at the articles of local interest (Berkeley, Phoebe Hearst,
Free speech movement), there is work we could do, and the resources are
here.

kc

--
Karen Coyle