I also agree people *should* be able to nominate for more than one position,
although we have to work within the rules we have and then change them
afterwards.

Victoria Park here in WA when he ran for mayor and found himself off council
for the first time in nearly 10 years.

I also believe that two non-executive members will in the future be
insufficient - the executive members will be quite busy in their roles and
will need a fair bit of assistance. Other boards I've observed have
portfolio delegations, although everyone is elected only as a "general
member" and then the details are sorted out after the election who does
what.

cheers
Andrew