Hi,

I'll be straight up and state I'm not going to support this, for a variety
of reasons.

Firstly, I don't think our chapter is capable of producing a grant
application to the standard WMF require for such a big area (education) in
10 days that addresses all the things WMF expect us to address.

Secondly, this appears to be trying to reinvent the wheel. Craig's project
up in Brisbane is already making significant advances, at least three other
chapter members have made contacts with (or have been contacted by)
educational departments and representative associations, and completed
resources already in use in schools exist in other languages from other
chapters - I'm presently trying to secure translations of these on behalf of
the chapter. Without any attempt to coordinate the various approaches, we're
not only less effective but also give the outward appearance of being
disorganised to the various educational bodies involved.

Thirdly, given your recent conflict with, among other people, Jimbo Wales
and various concerns about past occasions when you have undertaken chapter
work (in particular the Dictionary of Sydney episode), I do not think you
personally should be making any outward representation of our chapter and,
if the grant were to be approved, I think someone else should lead it.

kindest regards
Andrew