On 9/20/10, Liam Wyatt <liamwy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice one :-)
> Another possibility is asking a zoo to pick an animal or species that
> they're actively invlolved in conservation work with - to improve biological
> articles about thee endangered species (for which the zoo should have good
> references for).

Endangered Australian species would be a great topic to work on.
Having a focal topic would mean we know which images are needed, and
which zoos to visit.

> I know that Melbourne Zoo has a recently born elephant cub [or is 'calf' the
> correct term?] that might be a good  reason to focus on that species.

http://www.zoo.org.au/Melbourne/News_Events/First-everMaleCalfBirth

The article [[Asian Elephant]] only mentions Melbourne Zoo in the
photo description of the bull.  We would need to check the
conservation work worldwide before putting emphasis on the Melbourne
Zoo program.

--
John Vandenberg