were I to contact a vague associate at Taronga and perhaps discuss the
possibility of them hosting a wiki meetup and perhaps have a small
'get to know each other' type discussion / session a la GLAM - could I
be so bold as to mention WMAU as part of the proposal? I'd like to say
something like 'we from Wikimedia Australia would like to organise
something like this' - I'm hoping that my role as simply a member
sufficiently empowers me to take such initiatives?

Roll over GLAM, WIZOO! here we come.....

cheers,

Peter,
PM.