FTR, I'm not opposed to selectively opening the site (or more, certain
namespaces) to public editing. I am firmly in agreement with Brian and John
that the situation we're in does not permit a "free for all" as we have
obligations and responsibilities (including under the Act) as an
organisation which in part are met through our website, so it's a matter of
figuring out how to maximise the pros while minimising the cons.

I would be more minded to support a proposal if we saw more members editing
the wiki as they all have the right to do presently.

cheers
Andrew