One of our(WMAU) issues is that we work in isolation for most editors that
isolation isnt a big issue but our best results come form when we break
that isolation and bring people together. WMAU biggest achievement came
when we were able to bring a group together in Canberra in 2009, we changed
the way the whole movement worked with GLAMs. Since then we have run
successful projects in QLD, NSW WA but they have been locally driven,
locally supported. IMHO something that has been tossed around a number of
times yet never developed is local groups, local representation within
WMAU. I think while looking outside to bring others together is a good idea
and will help we need to bring our community together as well. The townhall
project suggest last years was one way of doing that, as are other event
based happenings Craig attending the launch of Freopedia in doing so it did
alot to advance WMAU programs in WA. Doing once off little gestures isnt
enough everything needs the followup, at the moment all our planning is
around the single song and dance routines we need to look more at planning
multiple repeats. Funding a single Wikiminia is nice but the reality is we
need to commit to funding such events over an extend time period, we dont
have those resources nor are we likely to get them in the short term.

GN.
Gn. Blogg: http://gnangarra.wordpress.com