Yeah, Hanlon's razor perhaps should be remembered here! :-) Not that I mean to imply any incompetence on the part of the list administrators, but I do imagine that it's more likely that someone's made a mistake here and is not being actively mean.

And Toby, I do recall reading an email from you in which you resigned your membership. Doesn't that make to not-a-member now?

— sam.