I've been looking at fixing up some citations I wrote many years ago since
I've found that the text of the book I referenced is now available online as
well as having a Trove reference.  Trove provides a Wikipedia citation of
the form:
{{Citation | author1=Aird, W. V | author2=Aird, W V | author3=New South Wales.
Metropolitan Water, Sewerage and Drainage Board | title=The water supply,
sewerage, and drainage of Sydney | publication-date=1961 |
publisher=[Metropolitan Water Sewerage and Drainage Board] |
url=https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/21676846 | accessdate=20 January 2018 }}

IMHO, the "url=https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/21676846"; is inappropriate
since https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Cite_book says that url= is
"URL of an online location where the text of the publication can be found"
whereas the Trove link is a catalogue record.  I think a better Trove link
would be something like id={{Trove|21676846}} but I am unable to find any
suitable template.  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Trove_newspaper
is specifically for newspapers).

Would it be reasonable to create a Template:Trove that accepted a Trove
identifier and created a work identifier?  (If that was done, ideally the
Trave citation format would change to suit but that's a separate issue).

(And, in this particular case, the actual text is online at
ttps://www.sydneywater.com.au/web/groups/publicwebcontent/documents/document/zgrf/mdq0/~edisp/dd_044331.pdf
so I'd like to be have a that link and a trove reference).

--
Peter Jeremy