Hi all,

Beda Gygli wrote Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:16:
>An Option would be to reduce the ordinary fees to 40.-, the double of the
>students fee, which I wouldn't >change. In my eyes, the better way to gain
>more members is more publicity. This can be achieved by services >for schools,
>organising good new content and get the press to know, occasions for older
>people to learn >about the wikipedia, street actions which give things for
>free as the wikipedia is...

I agree with the motion of Beda on the membership fees. CHF 50,- upwards can be
an open donation spectrum ;-). I also believe that *popularity* is essential
(to be clear: Wikipedia is well known already - and a success story of the net
age! - but not its Swiss association yet). Organising presentations in schools
is great, what about organising a cooperation with the Swiss Seniors
Association (Schweizer SeniorInnen Verband) and their web-platform
Seniorenweb.ch? Once activities and campaigns like this will happen, the media
will be eager to report about it ...

Best,
Wolf

comunica-ch