All

A fence sitter here, and a South Indian.. a mallu to the core.. :)

Mayur, Vibhi and all out there, here I am talking from very much of an
outsider perspective.

I would agree to the point that Mayur has made about having an
un-intentional  bias which would creep in. Honestly that might happen with
any organisation/movement and WM is also not immune to that. Having said
that, I am proud to be part of this movement and I would not have stayed
here as part of the movement if I noticed something like such a bias
anywhere in the activity. And I can say that with much more conviction than
most of the volunteers who contributes to wikimedia and threads into this
mailing list esp. since as I said at the start of the note that I am a fence
sitter. The ones like me would be the one to notice such bias the moment it
crops up in the thread or movement.

Sadly, I feel that north-south divide and bias was noticed in the note from
Vibhi, and me being fence sitter immediately noticed that and has forced me
to write this note...!!! Taking names additionally do not add anything
positive to that feeling.

We are one, and we should be one, contributing to each other, and only then
this would grow and attain the heights and standards which is there for us
to capture.

Let us put it this way, if the Delhi wikipedians feel that there is a need
to create a new chapter, and there are enough volunteers to back the
proposal, we can go ahead with the proposal and guide it to the logical
conclusion.

Just for the sake of having one, there is no point in setting up one. It
would only lead to an eventual death and a more painful one for all the
volunteers, pan india.

If such a chapter shortens the way for the exponential growth of WM in the
country and esp in a metro like Delhi, all of us are game for it. I hope
that is what all would be feeling.

Regards
Abhi