From: i...@oliverstegen.net
To: wikimediake@lists.wikimedia.org
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 22:31:32 +0300
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia Kenya] Saturday Photo Walk

Hi WMKE friends and fellows,

We (= Steve, Oscar, Alex, Chris, Morine
and yours truly) had a great photo walk today, starting from the New Tom Mboya
Monument on Moi Avenue and then crossing Haile Selassie to the Nairobi Railway
Museum (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nairobi_Railway_Museum
- and notice that the article doesn’t have a picture yet, which should change
soon!). From there, we went back to Koinange St and ended our walk at the
Savannah Coffee Lounge on Loita St where Wikimedia Kenya had its first
face-to-face
meeting in July 2010 – so, many historical memories! J

I’m looking forward to seeing a
number of photos uploaded onto Commons (Steve, are you going to go through
those 400+ pictures, select the best of each building and post them in the
Category:Nairobi?).

At Savannah, there was also some talk of
stream-lining the information of this mailing list with the two WMKE websites
on Meta and @co.ke – currently, some info isn’t available *anywhere* - bother!

Finally, we also discussed the upcoming
board elections and suggested that these take place on March 17th (anything
else would be too late – we need to send some documents to WMF with
signatures of board members, so there! – and the next two weekends are
already booked with outreaches to Mombasa
and Egerton). So, within the next 8 days, candidates to the 5 board positions
(Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and Project / Logistics Officer) need
to write up their profiles. These should be sent to whoever will be in charge
of the elections … another question which has to be solved soonest!

So, let’s get cracking so that we
don’t lose our newly won chapterhood!

Yours for making the sum of all human
knowledge available to every single fellow inhabitant of our planet,

Oliver (aka BT)