2008/12/1 Michael Shilliday <mjshilli...@googlemail.com>:
> I have never commented here before, but why the need for a physical AGM?
>  Incorporated companies have been having online AGMs for years now.  It may
> be necessary for a small group of people to be sitting in a room together,
> but the voting members don't necessarily need to be.
> There may be a hugely compelling reason why this is necessary, but that's
> just my thoughts,
> MJS

Online meetings of large groups of people aren't practical. If we
wanted members to just vote and that's it, then it would be fine, but
we would like to actually get people involved in discussion and
debate. It's pretty much impossible to maintain order in an IRC
channel with dozens of people talking at once.