2009/8/19 Bod Notbod <bodnot...@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Thomas Dalton<thomas.dal...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Most meetings take place online as text to start with, so obviously
>> there is no need for transcription there, but AGMs are done in real
>> life. I wouldn't mind having a transcription of our AGMs (at least the
>> important parts of them). The main advantages of transcriptions over
>> raw audio files is that they can be skimmed and searched, audio files
>> can't. I find that very useful.
>
> OK, well the offer is there. I suppose it might mean you'd have to
> choose your venue more carefully than perhaps you otherwise would. I
> don't know if you tend to hold them in a pub but I've tried to
> transcribe conversations recorded in a cafe setting before and the
> background noise makes things very difficult.

The last one (which was our first) was held in the function room above
a bar and could easily have been recorded had we thought of it. The
next one will be held alongside a conference so will be in some kind
of conference room or lecture theatre (I'm not sure of the details) so
shouldn't be a problem. They are likely to just get bigger from there!