On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Thomas Dalton<thomas.dal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The last one (which was our first) was held in the function room above
> a bar and could easily have been recorded had we thought of it. The
> next one will be held alongside a conference so will be in some kind
> of conference room or lecture theatre (I'm not sure of the details) so
> shouldn't be a problem. They are likely to just get bigger from there!

Well, for me, a once yearly transcription service sounds perfectly
reasonable, so consider it done.

Andrew Turvey:

>Please consider signing up as a member - the form is at
>http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Membership and
>subscription fees start from just 50p per month. We're keen to have the widest
>possible membership base so
>we can support our activities and get input from UK Wikimedians on our
>direction and focus.

OK, well, you won't get much more than 50p from me because, as you've
already probably figured out, my circumstances are greatly impeding
any likelihood of employment. But even I can manage 50p. Still, it
cuts both ways: if I could hold down a job I probably wouldn't have
found the Wikipedia UK Chapter nor put my name up for volunteering for
anything.

>Let me/us know if you want any help with anything.

Heh! Thank you, that's kind. But I'm obviously hoping to help YOU!

I shall sign up for a log-in, the newsletter and pledge 50p a month
(it may go up, you never know).

Just out of interest: why don't you just post the newsletter to *this*
list address? It could hardly be considered spam after all...