On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 15:41 +0000, George D. Watson wrote:
> Thomas Dalton wrote:
> > 2009/11/30 Brian McNeil <brian.mcn...@wikinewsie.org>:

> > > The thought's good, but right now enWN is currently only pushing out
> > > about 5 articles a day.
> > >
> > > Recruitment campaign might be better.
> > >

> > I was thinking of a statement that included a suggestion that people
> > contribute to it. Getting contributors and getting readers are very
> > closely related problems - contributors usually start out as readers
> > (at least, they do on Wikipedia).

> Yes, we need publicity, and this is a good chance to get it.  If we
> release something, it should highlight the free license and the wiki
> format, as well as pushing the free to access thing.  More activity
> will be great, whether that activity results in a greater number of
> editors, or in readers.  If a reader recommends it to their friends,
> their friends may become editors, even if the original reader doesn't.
> We should probably mention the link to Wikipedia, which more people
> will be familiar with, but stress that they are separate projects and
> focus on Wikinews alone.

Anything that can encourage more contributors and readers is good.
Really a need to move beyond "Wikinews: Popular in Cuba" (according to
Alexa).

There are Twitter, Facebook, Identi.ca, and RSS feeds of published
content available. [1]

[1] http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Social_networking

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcn...@wikinewsie.org>