Hi,

Great idea Mike! The Leeds wikimeet was pretty white and male apart from
Katherine Bavage.

That was partly what prompted my suggestion that the forthcoming York meet
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/York/2> be moved to a cafe rather
than a pub. I'm also hoping to get some uptake from the students at the York
Art History WikiClub which is just gettting off the ground
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/YNP/ArtHistoryWikiClub>. This
will definitely change the dynamic!

It might be interesting to specifically target WikiMeet marketing at recent
edit-a-thon attendees (by email/social media?). Perhaps this would be a
small step toward helping editor retention?

Just a few thoughts,

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Gordon Joly <gordon.j...@pobox.com> wrote:

> I am sure that many of the regulars have talked about change. For
> example, Fabian Tompsett has suggested to me (and I have talked to
> others) about alternatives. Fabian's idea was to have an "East London"
> meeting, based perhaps in the "Idea Stores" (modern libraries in Tower
> Hamlets).
>
> London Wikimeets date back to June 2004.
>
> Gordo

Pat Hadley
Yorkshire's open culture brain-for-hire
pathadley.net