On Sun, 02 May 2010 02:20:06 +0200, Markus Glaser wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> at the Wkimedia Developers' Workshop, I introduced a Selenium testing
> framework for MediaWiki. Since it has now been promoted to
> maintenance/tests,  I have provided some initial information it on
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/SeleniumFramework . I would be very happy
> about comments and ideas for further improvement. Also, if you intend to
> use the framework for your tests, please let me know. I will be happy to
> assist.
>
> Regards,
> Markus Glaser
>
> __________________________________
>
> Social Web Technologien
> Leiter Softwareentwicklung
> Hallo Welt! - Medienwerkstatt GmbH
>
> __________________________________
>
> Untere Bachgasse 15
> 93047 Regensburg
>
> Tel.  +49 (0) 941 - 56 95 94 - 92
>
> www.hallowelt.biz<http://www.hallowelt.biz/>
> gla...@hallowelt.biz<mailto:gla...@hallowelt.biz>
>
> Sitz: Regensburg
> Handelsregister: HRB 10467
> E.USt.Nr.: DE 253050833
> Geschäftsführer:
> Anja Ebersbach, Markus Glaser,
> Dr. Richard Heigl, Radovan Kubani
>
> __________________________________

Hi Markus,

Despite my initial problems getting the Selenium Framework to run, I
think it is a great start. Now that I have the PagedTiffHandler working,
here is some feedback on the current framework:

+ When I svn up ../tests (or any ancestor directory), the local changes I
make to RunSeleniumTests cause a local conflict error. Eventually, many
of the configuration changes I made should appear in
LocalSeleniumSettings, but it isn't clear that is possible for all of
them. For example, I change the commented out set_include_path to include
my local PHP/PEAR directory. Can this be set in LocalSeleniumSettings?
Another difference is the include_once() for each test suite. Is it
possible to move these into LocalSeleniumSettings?

+ It appears there is no way to tell RunSeleniumTests to use a selenium
server port other than 4444. It would be useful to have a -port parameter
on RunSeleniumServer for this. For example, if there are multiple
developers working on the same machine, they probably need to use
different selenium servers differentiated by different port numbers.

I don't mind working on both of these issues, but since you are the
original architect of the framework, it is probably best for you to
comment on them first and perhaps suggest what you consider to be the
best approach to their resolution.

--
-- Dan Nessett